How To Design and Facilitate Grief Support Groups
From the Kansas City Hospice & Palliative Care
Compiled from many years of practical experience, this manual is inspired and guided by two key concepts:
1. Grief is part of the human condition and natural life cycle. It is not a personal weakness, a mental illness or a punishment.
2. Grievers will eventually reach a place of emotional, physical and spiritual equilibrium. Grief is a process and not an event: it takes time and is survivable.
This manual provides:
1. Information to help find, train and educate facilitators to be able to work with empathy and understanding.
2. Detailed plans for organizing, scheduling, and publicizing a group.
3. In-depth plans for six group sessions.
4. Plans for many types of groups dealing with special losses.
5. Reproducible forms for registering and organizing participants.
6. Reproducible informational handouts for participants
6. Help for dealing with group problems and difficult participants.
7. Bibliography and reference lists.
Compassion Books is pleased to reintroduce this classic manual for organizing grief support groups. It has been fully revised and updated and we believe it is the most comprehensive, thorough, and clearly understandable guide of its kind available. Its 3-ring binder format will facilitate copying handouts and customizing pages. 99 Pages. #R10F..…$24.95